Sunday, August 12, 2012

so many things

The computer is still not working as I have yet to buy a replacement CPU. This will be another outflow of money, which is compounded by me free spending ways this week. Asia-Pacific Breweries takeover has become yesterday's news. I find that this episode reinforces the prescription for conservative investors to buy consumer brands. I have made this point before, citing Jeremy Siegel's book, that consumer staples (he also mentions healthcare) make good long term stock due to the barriers to entry of building and enduring and endearing brand. I extend my congratulations to those who have been hanging on to their APB shares. I think Heineken will be better partner than Thai Beverage but what do I know, I prefer drinking wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment