Saturday, June 13, 2015

Stitches off.


Just more than 2 weeks after the operations, the sutures were removed. What's left is a thin red line and red dots resembling staple marks. 

Going into week 3 of post-op, my left shoulder feels much more mobile and I am able to put on clothes and wash my hair with greater ease. There is a patch of skin below the operation site that feels "dead" because some of the nerves were damaged during the surgery to put the titanium plate in. I was warned about this. 

Meanwhile, the only exercises that I have been doing is weightless bicep curls, pendulum swings as well as running my hand up against a wall to ensure the shoulder retains its range of motion (ROM). However, I dare not lift my left arm straight over my head from the side (like you would in a jumping jack) because it would mean moving my entire left collar bone in a manner it has not been able to do for the last 9 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment