Thursday, August 19, 2010

Afterthoughts on Genting Singapore

Sold Genting Singapore some 11 months. The stock, as we all know, has risen almost 40% since, mostly due to the opening of RWS and the proposed divestment of its UK operations. The rationale given then for my sale, was that I was not in a position to partake in the rights issue as I had to cough up a bit more cash.

Without the benefit of what we know now, I still think that my divestment was "alright". The point is, the Genting Singapore we are seeing now is an altogether different animal. Through a sleight of hand, Genting Singapore has become a pure Singapore IR play, unlike its Malaysian parent company. All the technical faults notwithstanding. Genting Singapore is a more attractive stock then it was 11 months ago.

On a side note, I am thinking of getting some stocks. My dilemma follows: should I sell some of the smaller holdings and inject the funds as well as new funds into existing stocks. Oh Well.


No comments:

Post a Comment