Friday, August 27, 2010

Portfolio Looking Good 8 Months In

The portfolio is looking stable close to 8 months into the year. Excluding dividends and the recent purchase of FJ Benjamin, my portfolio has risen 31.4% from their end-2009 closing prices.

For those of you who are new to me, I invest mainly in what I can afford and know. I have a penchant for consumer staples since they provide good dose of dividends. 
You can also see that most of my money is not in blue chips because I could not afford them. However, several small caps, such as GMG Global and Etika International have done me well. I am still looking out for any stock with growth potential, but in this "goldilocks" market, it will be a tough challenge.

TPV technology has been one of the weaker stocks. Despite posting a pretty commendable results for the first 6 months of its financial year ending 31 December 2010, the stock has fallen some 20% from its recent highs. Most of the counter's weakness I attribute it to the pulling back of funds in Hong Kong. TPV Technology has its primary listing in SEHK.

Going forward, I expect most of the gains to my portfolio to come in the tail end of the year. My personal target is for the portfolio to be up 40%. This is possible considering that I have so many small caps.

No comments:

Post a Comment