Saturday, May 26, 2018

My purchase of the Transocean Prospex SBDC041

I bought my first Seiko watch on 16 April after much consideration. The desire to buy a watch was driven probably by my need for retail therapy. So many things have not been happening in my life and I guess buying something other than darts helps a bit. It was not helped by the fact I noticed my boss was wearing a Rolex Submariner the day I had a one-on-one session. I previously thought he wore an Omega.

This Seiko is definitely more expensive than the previous two Casios I bought for myself. It was also above the original budget I had set for myself. Nevertheless, the Seiko Prospex SBDC041 Diver Scuba Transocean was still half the price of the Casio Oceanus I was initially looking at. It did help to anchor my mind at the even more expensive watches of Hublot, IWC and Rolex to feel that my purchase was relatively "cheap".

I bought the watch at The Bencoolen's 3D watch shop on my friend's recommendation. The place is well visited by tourist because they sell their Casios at an extremely competitive price. The Bencoolen is near the Guanyin Temple and OG and you will need to go into the building to realise the number of watch shops nestled there. the sales lady was not the most pleasant. She straight away gave me a huge discount off the stick price. I tried my best to bargain but I obviously was not good at it. I go the watch still, paying by credit card instead of the cash I had withdrawn. Will give a review in the coming months, once I wear it more often.





No comments:

Post a Comment