Saturday, July 2, 2011

Presentation Monday - Let's Go Get'em

More frightening than Death
You might have heard of this before, maybe on an episode of Seinfeld, that public speaking is the number one fear of most people. I will be confronting that fear on Monday as I fly to KL to give a short presentation (4-5 slides) on my company to senior executives to two different potential clients.

Usually, the person doing the song and dance will be my boss but he has just gone for a scheduled holiday. I have sat in at the presentations that he has been giving, most of the time remaining silent as he has covered most of the ground. Saying other things will just make me sound silly, I think. He is also very experienced given his time with the big boys in the industry and that projects a sense of reliability to the person on the other end. And now the time has come for me to have to do my bit.

My preparation time is this short weekend. I will be having to read the reports done by both the main characters involved, the project approach and some background research as I expect out of scope questions to be asked. To a large extent, it is like going for a job interview, but the company's fortunes are resting on your shoulder. And did I mention that I have not been given the preparation training prior to this? Nonetheless, it is a good time for me to learn a lot more, although I will be for a world of pain when I come back to Singapore. Akan datang.

No comments:

Post a Comment