Friday, July 29, 2011

Portfolio recovers slightly

The portfolio recovered slightly. but what is really bothering me is that I find it almost impossible to dump Stratech. I bought it at 5 cents and now it is 2.2 cents! This is compounded by the fact that I bought only SGD 1,000-plus worth of it, meaning the transaction costs will eat up most of the money. On the bright side, while I did thought of dumping C&O, another top loser in the portfolio, it has climbed up in recent weeks to an "acceptable" level.

In my opinion, there will not be the market crash even if Obama and gang fail to trash something out. In fact, the last thing we would want is for the world's largest debtor nation to continue printing more money. GIC will be hit hardest by the falling dollar.

Going forward, it is unlikely that I will pump money into stocks as I am focusing on the other aspects of life. Traveling has been on the top of my list this year, followed closely by housing and education. Things at work have picked up and I do feel a bit more confident as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment