Friday, May 31, 2013

Biting the bullet on Noble Group and Wilmar

I will be going for a holiday from tomorrow onward and only be back on June 10. However, I am very tempted to sell off my stake in Noble Group and Wilmar International today and use the proceeds to increase my holdings of Petra. As mentioned earlier, I think that we are in the down cycle of the commodities boom and unless there are further acquisition targets or assets to be injected, it is time to close a chapter on this play. Although I have incurred an almost 20 per cent loss on the stock, cutting loss will be the better option. It seems that as the portfolio gets bigger, my appetite for "riskier" stocks has decreased because on an absolute basis, the fluctuations in portfolio value are nauseating.

No comments:

Post a Comment