Friday, October 30, 2009

Week 6



Well. The STI corrected to below the 2,700 mark. I shan't talk about the portfolio at the moment, maybe next week when more results are out.

I am not sure if it is a good thing, but one of the counters I used to hold, China Milk Products, does not seem to have a good quarter again. Those still invested should try to look at its report quarterly. It seems that there has been further downwards adjustment to its inventories. Also the sales of milk are still facing teething problems. I guess with the shift to producing raw milk rather than semen, the high margins will slowly fade away. Interestingly, there is little discussion why there is a shift towards milk.

October ended slightly lower than the previous month. Against the previous three months, the index also ended slightly lower in October. With October out of the way, I think we can look forward to a decent rally through the end of the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment